New versions of SwitchList come out every month or two depending on what fixes and changes have been done. Here’s the list of recent changes. Past releases of SwitchList are available at code.google.com.
You can also get SwitchList as a free download from the Mac App Store. The App Store will also make sure that you get updates of SwitchList as soon as they appear.
• Version 1.3.2 (8/27/2016). Copy and paste freight cars, cargos, and other items to another layout, or into a different program (e-mail, text file). Minor bug fixes.
• Version 1.3.1 (8/27/2016). Same as version 1.3.2.
Previous Major Releases
- Version 1.3 (8/15/2014). Variable unloading times, hints in Cargo tab about how busy each industry is. Annul button cancels train for the rest of a session. New "Railroad Letterhead" and "Waybill" template. Switchlist style templates can now be customized.
- Version 1.1.4 (9/26/2012). Return missing files for converting older layout file to new version, fix problems launching on Mac OS X 10.5
- Version 1.1.3 (9/22/2012). Add "Import Template..." menu item to simplify adding new custom switchlist styles.
- Version 1.1.2 (9/5/2012). Add "Suggest Cargo" feature that gives suggestions about new cargos to create for your industries.
- Version 1.1.1 (9/3/2012). SwitchList now suggests cargos, cargo rates can be specified in days or months, support multiple trains in same path.
- Version 1.0.0 (8/11/2012). Better random choice of cars to accept new cargo.
- Version 0.9.7.3 (8/1/2012). Fixes crash on PowerPC machines during startup.
- Version 0.9.7 (7/31/2012) Improvements in HTML switchlist templates, better handwritten font by default, UI switch for towns, new logo.
- Version 0.9.6 (3/24/2012). Bug fixes, documentation improvements.
- Version 0.9.5 (3/20/2012). Respects maximum train length, allows station names with commas.
- Version 0.9.4 (3/5/2012). Fixes crash in layout with many yards, removes problem with switchlists getting clipped during printing, improved documentation, web interface home page now customizable.
- Version 0.9.3 (12/20/2011). Documentation fixes, and allow hovering over cargo name in freight car table to show full description.
- Version 0.9.2 (12/4/2011). Fixes crash in some switchlist styles if a car’s reporting marks contain no space between initials and number.
- Version 0.9.1 (11/5/2011). Fix badly formatted reports for some alternate switchlist templates. Improvements to PICL reports.
- Version 0.9.0 (11/4/2011). Limits on siding capacity. Custom reports in HTML. Improvements to Web Server.
- Version 0.8.1 (9/11/2011). Fix problems with iPhone display and Line Printer switchlist style.
- Version 0.8.0 (9/10/2011). Let users define their own switchlist templates.
- Version 0.7.4 (8/23/2011). Make web server’s HTML customizable.
- Version 0.7.3 (8/21/2011). Web server window indicates if server is running. Industry list on web server.
- Version 0.7.2 (6/21/2011). Improved PICL Report, improved printing and switchlist display.
- Version 0.7.1 (4/26/2011). Get SwitchList running again on PowerPC-based Macs. (Broken in 0.7.0.)
- Version 0.7.0 (4/23/2011). New switchlists (SF Belt Railroad B-7, modern PICL report), new “fixed rate” cargo guaranteeing a specific number of cars a day, fix problems with Web mode, allow problem window messages to be copied, improve search, improve error messages when industries and towns are unreachable, improved documentation.
- Version 0.6.6 (3/6/2011). Fix incorrect behavior for industry names with apostrophes, problems opening files when an industry is associated with no towns. Change “Add more loads” button to add at least two new loads.
- Version 0.6.5 (2/26/2011). Generate correct number of cars per session based on cars/week. Improve typewritten switchlists with better font and removal of car type key at bottom. Allow overriding font choices. Fix bug where handwritten dates didn’t match spaces on form. New documentation in Apple Help format.
- Version 0.6.4 (2/20/2011). New Southern Pacific-style switchlist, realistic squiggles on duplicate entries, print “empty” instead of “unassigned” when a car is not reserved for a particular cargo.
- Version 0.6.3 (2/5/2011). Add support for spotting cars at specific industry doors, new documentation, tool tips to show exact cargo in freight car. Import list of freight cars from text file.
- Version 0.6.2 (11/17/2010). Clean up user interface, get rid of 1 yard/town limit, new icon. Printing document now prints switchlists for all trains.
- Version 0.6.1 (11/9/2010). Added car types tab and UI for car types. File format changed to v3 to have CarType objects rather than just strings.
- Version 0.5.3 (10/31/2010). Crash on clearing loads. Add layout info tab. Let “layout date” appear on printed switchlists.
- Version 0.5.2 (10/31/2010). Fix crashes when reopening preference or help windows.
- Version 0.5.1, (10/31/2010). First official release. PowerPC/Intel binary.